Are you feeling odd smell in the home? Look around for the signs of mold growth. If the sighs are affirmative, then you should act fast. There are even greater risks than just the unpleasant odor in the home. Mold can impact the structural integrity of the building. People with weakened immune systems are more likely to experience degradation in their health status. Mold can cause a wide range of illnesses that affects the skin, respiratory system, eyes, heart, and lots more. When you discover the common musty mold smell, contact mold remediation services Houston South Texas immediately.
Table of Contents
Signs of Mold
There are lots of signs that signify mold growth in the home. If you are unsure whether or not your house has mold, check out for these signs.
- Black spores spreading gradually on surfaces is one of the common signs of mold growth in the home
- You are always diagnosed with symptoms of cold and flu. This is yet another sign that your home has mold already. If you are always scheduling an appointment with your doctor for these symptoms, check for mold growth.
- An unpleasant musty odor in the home. Your sense of smell will come in handy here.
- Since mold spores are airborne, the indoor air quality will be poorly affected. Mold find their way to your lungs thus when you inhale them, they can lead to breathing difficulties. Asthmatic patients will face serious health challenges staying in a mold-infested environment.
- Do you have cracks on walls or floors? If yes, check if damp or moisture finds its way into these cracks. If yes, mold growth is a sure thing. Obvious signs include bubbling under wall paints.
Where to Find Mold
Mold thrives in damp and moist dark areas. The problem is that the areas where mold tends to thrive are always hard to access with the naked eyes. These spots are mostly hidden. Some of the top spots where mold hide in the home include:
One of the most common spots where you can find mold is in the bathroom. Although you can spot black mold creeping across tiles, there are lots of hidden areas in the bathroom where mold thrives. These spots include under the bath, under the flooring, pipes behind the basin, and many more.
Most kitchen appliances usually produce moisture. Fine examples include refrigerator and dispenser, among others. Walls around these appliances soak up damp hence a perfect breeding ground for mold. Creepy spots to check include cupboards, external walls, and behind appliances.
The major culprits in the bedroom are mattresses and window sill. Have you been lying on your bed without flipping it for a while? Now is the time to do so and you’ll be shocked by what you’ll find. Check window seals around the home to see if there are signs of mold growth as well.
There are many other spots where mold can hide in the home. If you discover signs in the home, the right thing to do is to contact mold remediation services in Houston South Texas. Mold is potentially very hazardous to the health of the occupants in the home. So make sure you get rid of it as quickly as possible.